Friday, February 12, 2010

On-Line

I have not played the campaign mode in a while. I have mostly been playing on-line with my buddies from the baseball team. I have fine tuned my game with the on-line feature, which hopefully will help when I resume my campaign. I am learning different ways of attacking the on-line feature with the different game plays that are offered. During Free-for-All, I do very well, shooting everyone that comes across my path. I struggle a little during the Team Deathmatch phase, but things are improving. We start traveling this coming week so hopefully I find some time to play before we leave. I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is Adrian Plata from Stanford University's Program in Writing and Rhetoric Class: The Rhetoric of Gaming.

    I was wondering what draws you more towards the online mode of the game as opposed to the single player campaign. Which one would you say you prefer and why? And don't get too discouraged on the Veteran level campaign patience and learning will get you far. Just play smart.

    Also, have you tried the Special Ops mode yet? Similarly to my previous statement, I'd like to know which of the three modes you prefer and why. Do you think this is what the developers wanted?

    PS3 or 360?

    Nice blog, and keep playing.

    -Adrian Plata

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, first of all I want to say that you made a great game choice. I personally play CoD for at least a few hours a week, and truly understand everything you have said. I actually did an assignment called a "Rhetorical Analysis" on this same game. In our assignment we had to take a trailer or advertisement for a game and analyze how the author used rhetoric and what the rhetorical techniques tried to accomplish. In mine I talked about how CoD uses nationalism, through the use of the American flag constantly being on display and the invasion of D.C., to make the viewer want to stand up and fight to save our country. I am curious to know what exactly your class is about? What are the goals of this current assignment? I hope you have the time to answer my questions, and have a great time playing CoD!!!

    ReplyDelete